Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inspirational Inauguration Day ~ Inspired by my Flickr friends


I love feeling a part of history! I woke up at 5:30am and watched four hours of the inauguration coverage. I love watching the scenes of the then president elect going to church early in the morning of the inauguration, and watching the pomp and circumstance of dignitaries arriving for the ceremony. I love it all! I caught up again in the afternoon to witness the parade and am now watching the summaries of the day, and seeing the Obamas at the balls in Washington D.C. What an exciting and historic day. My camera didn't see a photo worthy of the day, I took a few of the tv, but nothing with the wow factor. So, I put together a mosaic of some of my Flickr favorites of the day! Enjoy! Click on over to Flickr to see the photo credits for the mosaic!

5 comments:

Anna - Three Sneaky Bugs said...

All I can say is YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Char said...

A great mosaic!! a very historic day

Suvarna said...

Beautifully put together, this would make a fabulous commemorative poster! President Obama sure has a nice ring to it. :-)

Amy said...

wow! What a fabulous day it was! I was glued to the tv too:) eh I closed down apt a....just did not make sense to keep it with the other one:0) don't want to lose track of yu! xo

Leacayoungart said...

great set of flickr inspirations. Yay! Obama!