Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Historic newspaper

This morning, I decided I wanted a copy of the newspaper.
I stopped in at 'Third Place Books', and was greeted by a sign on the counter which read : "out of newspapers". Well, this is the kind of place where people leave newspapers on the tables for others to read. Hmm.... not today!
So, I strolled down to the grocery store to discover a completely empty newspaper shelf. Not even a 'USA Today' paper in sight! Then I meandered my way past a handful of empty newspaper boxes on the street. Everyone has bought a newspaper today! Which is pretty exciting really!
I finally found a newspaper box in front of a small cafe, with the box facing the wrong direction, so it was rather hidden from view. Voila! I had 50 cents and bought the last newspaper in the box! So, here is your view of the Seattle Times today!
And this is truly what I came across on my hunt!

5 comments:

ELK said...

nice capture ~ happy reading ...

painted fish studio said...

it never occurred to me that today's paper would be such a big deal until i started reading the sold out stories on the interwebs today. now, i regret reducing my paper subscription to weekend only! oh well. there's still the verbal tales...

Anonymous said...

Oh you were smart! I didn't even think about getting a newspaper. Good job!
a.

Anonymous said...

You could probably sell that on E-bay for more than you payed for it!

Rachel said...

I guess it's a collectors item!